|Noun+ to||Noun + for||Noun + of||Noun + in|
an answer to
a reaction to
a reply to
a response to
a solution to
a threat to
a visit to
an advertisement for
an apology to smb for smth
a cure for
gratitude to smb for smth
a hope for
a need for (but: to be in need of..)
a passion for
a search for
a reason for
a room for
a talent for
a taste for (interest)
an advantage/ disadvantage of
a cause of
a fear of
a habit of (Ving)
an idea of
intention of (Ving)
a memory of
a possibility of (noun/Ving)
a process of
a proof of
a risk of (Ving)
a smell of
a sound of
a taste of (food)
a difficulty in
a delay in
a lesson in
pleasure in (Ving)
pride in (to take pride in Ving)
a rise in
|Noun+on||Noun + with||Noun + between||Optional prepositions|
a ban on
a report on
a relationship with
a comparison between
a connection between
a difference between
point of/ in
a problem with/of/in
a prospect of/for
a purpose of/in
an increase/decrease (of + number)/ in (an indicator)
change in (changes that happen)/ to (changes that people purposely make)
1.Complete the sentences with prepositions.
1) They have great admiration … their grandfather.
2) Have you read the recent report … the increase … fast food consumption?
3) My nephew has a fear … height.
4) The student’s approach … the project was innovative.
5) Scientists strive to find the cure … this disease.
6) Today there has been a delay … processing payments.
7) What are the advantages … your job?
8) The cat had such a miserable look that I felt strong sympathy … it and decided to take it home.
9) I got no response … the question.
10) Bob has good taste … music.
11) He has a lot of experience … programming.
12) I have mostly good memories … my childhood.
13) There was a wonderful smell … fresh bakery in this café.
14) They have introduced a ban … smoking in public places.
15) Has anyone come up with a solution… this problem?
16) Global warming is a threat … life on Earth.
17) This teacher has a habit … interrupting students.
18) I noticed her adorable devotion … her parents.
19) How do you estimate the damage … the car?
20) I’m sorry, I didn’t have any intention … hurting you.
21) Her dedication … work is truly remarkable.
22) This magazine gives good advice … gardening.
23) I can’t think of any reason … his action.
24) She has always had passion … yoga.
25) One needs to have good knowledge … art for this job.
26) I don’t think he really has talent … acting. He just has some good connections.
27) There is always room … improvement.
28) The need … social intercourse is a basic human feature.
29) My friend takes pleasure … skating.
30) There has been a significant increase … the number of imported cars.
31) He has always had great desire … success.
32) The youth should have respect … national values.
33) He takes pride … playing the piano.
34) I saw an advertisement …a good job.
35) There is a growing awareness … the impact of climate change among the young.
36) What’s the matter …you? Don’t you see the difference … these two subjects?
37) There has been an increase … 100,000 … the city’s population in the last 5 years.
38) There’s no point … worrying about this. We can’t change anything anyway.
39) Could you give me some more information … this subject?
40) This job provides a lot of prospects … development.
2. Complete the questions with prepositions and answer them.
1) Do you have a habit … reading in transport?
2) Do you have a passion … any kind of music?
3) Who helps you find solutions … difficult problems?
4) Which achievement do you take pride …?
5) What do you have a talent …?
6) Do you think people have responsibility … their pets?
7) Do you like any advertisement? What is this ad …?
8) Can you tell me about some good memories … your childhood?
9) What do you take pleasure … when you’re on holiday?
10) Do you have admiration …. any person? If so, who is it?
11) What is your approach … studying? Do you have any special techniques?
12) Do you have much experience … what you do?
13) What are the advantages and disadvantages … your current job?
14) Do you think people should have dedication … their work?
15) Do you have a fear … flying?
16) What is your idea … a perfect birthday celebration?
17) … which diseases haven’t scientists found a cure yet?
18) Do you have good relationships … your classmates/groupmates/colleagues?
19) Do you have access … any confidential information at work?
20) Do you approve of the ban … smoking in public places?