TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language.
The exam scores are accepted by more than 10,000 universities and other institutions in over 150 countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the U.K., the United States, and all across Europe and Asia.
Valid for 2 years.
Total time: about 4.5 hours
The maximum score: 120
1) IBT (Internet – based test)
2) PBT (paper-based test) -almost not used anymore
TOEFL was designed
- to measure student’s ability to use and understand English at the university level.
- to evaluate how well students combine reading, listening, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.
TOEFL is for:
- Students planning to study at a higher education institution
- English-language learning program admissions and exit
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas
(most information is taken from the official website – https://www.ets.org/toefl)