Academic Course Topic: Summary
- The listening passage is an excerpt from a lecture (90–120 seconds; 230–280 words) that explains a term or concept and gives concrete examples to illustrate that term or concept.
- The question asks the test taker to summarize the lecture and demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the examples and the overall topic. Preparation time: 20 seconds Response time: 60 seconds
You have to listen to a part of a lecture and answer a question.
- You may take notes while listening.
- Your preparation time before the speaking is 30 seconds.
- You should speak for 60 seconds nonstop, answering the question.